This is me. My job is to work with volunteers at RMHC. Actually my title is Community Outreach Coordinator, but that is really long. So let’s talk about what I do. I work with other people from the community (see how I tied that in there?) who want to help the families that stay at the Ronald McDonald house.
Want to know what THEY do? I would love to tell you. April is the month of Volunteer Appreciation. We appreciate (love) our volunteers because they do ALL these things….#volunteerRMHC
- They rake leaves
- They make brownies
- They take registration at our events
- They fix ovens when they break
- They bring toys at Christmas from our giving trees for families
- They shovel and shovel snow….. And then shovel again. Oh, and then again. (it snows a lot here)
- They do laundry
- They clean windows
- They make cards
- They make dinner. And lunch. And then dinner again.
- They haul out the recycling
- They mow the lawn
- They make posters
- They clean the bathrooms
- They invite us to talk to their classrooms and then save pop tabs all year as a school project
- They grow vegetables
- They golf in our Golf Tournament
- They water the flowers. They plant the flowers.
The title of this blog post gives reference to a 6 year old girl we know who sometimes has to do “all the things”. I love that. Volunteers really do all the things. And this volunteer-coordinator-outreach-community person appreciates it all.
THANK YOU VOLUNTEERS. Of course we would love to have you anytime. Email Kelly@rmhcfargo.org to get started.