After a long day at the hospital, families appreciate a hot meal.
Giving this gift allows families to have one less thing to think about so they can focus all their energy on helping their child get better. You can help make a meal for our families!
We invite volunteers to become involved in our Share-A-Meal program by preparing a meal in our volunteer kitchen or baked goods weekday mornings for our families. You can also help by purchasing prepared meals from a restaurant or packaged/sealed food from a grocery store.
Fresh fruits and vegetables are always welcome! Come see us in our new location at 4757 Agassiz Crossing! Groups welcome!
Guidelines for Preparing a Meal
- Plan to cook for 10-12 adults
- Meals and baked goods must be prepared on-site in our volunteer kitchen.
- We have pots, pans, cooking utensils, mixers, and other items to help you prepare your meal. However, if your meal requires something specialized, you may want to bring your own items.
- Meals should be ready by 5:30 pm. If this doesn’t work for you, please let us know and we can adjust accordingly
- Volunteers are responsible for planning and providing the grocery items needed to prepare the meal
- We ask that volunteers clean-up the kitchen when they are finished cooking
Meal Ideas – Here are some family favorites!
Roast beef & potatoes – Pulled pork – BBQ and chips
Chicken and rice – BBQ Ribs – Lasagna – Egg Bake
Pasta Salad – Baked Chicken – Beef Stew or Soups
Hotdish – Chinese food – Spaghetti & Meatballs
Ham dinner – Turkey & Stuffing – Enchiladas
Don’t like to cook but want to provide a meal? Have something delivered! As long as it is prepared by a cater or restaurant.
Baking Treats – mornings 9:30 to 11:00 am – Come in to bake two dozen treats for our families!
Interested in setting up a time?
Call 701-232-3980 or email firstname.lastname@example.org